To belong is a fundamental human motivation. We have a pervasive drive to form lasting, positive, significant interpersonal relationships. This need is found in all humans, in all cultures, and in all workplaces. A culture of Belonging cultivates thriving, engaged, and productive colleagues and employees and as a result, profitable organizations. This workshop teaches attendees how to leverage their values, identities, and discourses to create environments where people from any background feel as though they belong.
- Identify core values and the integral role they play in belonging
- Understand how the origins of our identities influence our belonging
- Discover the discourses that impact our sense of belonging
- Recognize how space and time manipulates belonging
- Learn how to create a culture of belonging in virtual environments
The entire world continues to become more diverse, and that includes employees, customers and clients across the profit, non-profit and government sectors. In today’s climate, all professionals need to understand the basics of diversity, equity and inclusion. DEI is about much more than simple compliance; to succeed in today’s world in any aspect of business or services, enterprises must leverage diversity for strategic advantage and have DEI integrated into all aspects of their operations.
- The basic definitions of diversity, equity and inclusion; including the evolution of the diversity field and theories of diversity.
- A deep dive into the many dimensions of diversity.
- The compelling business case of diversity, equity and inclusion, including how to calculate a financial business case.
- Why and how DEI must be part of any organization’s core strategy.
- An introduction on the various organizational processes that DEI can impact.
- An introduction on how to build DEI into your organizational culture.
Emerging Leadership Certificate
The C-suite has never been closer and within reach. Labor statistics indicate within less than a decade the majority of executive leadership positions will be vacant as senior leaders retire or exit the workforce, creating new and exciting leadership opportunities for emerging leaders. The question is, as an emerging leader, will you be prepared for these opportunities when they arise? More importantly, will you have the requisite skills and savvy to successfully make the transition to executive levels of leadership? This certificate is designed to help prepare you, as an emerging leader, for a successful career in leadership positions. This session, will prepare you to:
- Understand effective approaches to leading in different organization contexts
- Understand and leverage your leadership design in challenging leadership situations
- Read organizational culture and create an organizational culture that values diversity, equity and inclusion
- Successfully navigate organizational culture and transcend negative, organizational politics
- Identify and develop your leadership values for decision-making and judgment—one of the most critical competencies for executive level leadership